1 Comment

As you may have seen from my previous post, I made 2 Eurofighter EDF planes. The first made from foamboard was maiden a week ago. You can see the video of this here:

Although this was mostly successful it was underpowered, so I made the Mk2 from Depron expecting it to be lighter and so better power to weight, this was the case, although I also reduced the throws on the elevons which ultimately seemed to be the downfall of the model. Its flight can be seen here:

As I came round for the final turn to come into land I dropped the power which seriously slowed the model, and as I tried to make the turn and pull round for landing I ran out of elevator travel and so could not make the turn. The result was a small dent in the ground and a lot of broken depron20131201_140123r 20131201_140109r

Back to the drawing board…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>