I wanted to test the camera gimbal on my quad, and I certainly did that.
After a quick orientation I decided to get a bit of height, see how quickly it can climb, get a bit of speed and generally give it a bit of a shake down. At ground level there was very little wind, so I didn’t anticipate just how much wind there was at height. This was recorded from the ground station, I think the only reason that I got such a good range from it was because of the height that the quad ended up at.
The speed is shown on the left, with the maximum recorded speed shown above the slider, the height shown on the right, again with the maximum recorded height above the slider. Sorry I haven’t removed the sound so please turn the sound off before playing it.
As you can see the maximum recorded speed appears to be 61mph at a height of almost 1000ft.
We did a significant amount of searching both on my own and then with Scott and Tracey by car, with no luck. After returning home and using a better internet connection I used the last frames recorded, converted the coordinates to full decimal format, which google seems to like displaying better, this was a location that we didn’t search. (click the image to open google maps to that location)
Needs a little work, but at least everything has been retrieved.
On the bright side the gimbal appears to work perfectly.